Saturday, January 17, 2015

Coffee Spice

To say that I love coffee is a massive understatement; like most people I can't start my day until I have a hot cup of coffee in my hands.  Because I drink so much of it I can't justify spending money on the more expensive brands of coffee at the grocery store so I resort to the generic options.  Honestly, the coffee isn't bad but it is most definitely lacking...until now!  This week I tested a bunch of different spices (and sugar) to see what impact they had on my daily cup (err cups) of joe.



Why spend extra money on flavored coffee at the grocery store when you can make your own at home. 

***I add the sugar/spice directly to the grounds before brewing. I use 1/2 - 1 teaspoon for each 6 cups brewed (or just a couple shakes of the spice).


Below are a list of the spices/sugars that changed the taste for the better.  You can use them individually or combine them for extra flavor.

-vanilla extract - strong flavor
-cinnamon - strong flavor
- pumpkin pie spice - mild flavor
- apple pie spice - mild flavor
- brown sugar - removed bitterness
- white sugar - sweetened

My personal favorite was a combination of the vanilla and brown sugar. 

Happy Coffee Drinking!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment