Monday, February 2, 2015

Indoor Snow Fun

We are having a major snow storm in NY and my kids keep asking me to go outside and play.  I am not a fan of the cold (subzero temperatures, no thank you) and inevitably I will bundle the kids up for about 5 minutes of play before they realize that they don't like the cold either!  Here is my solution...

Supplies Needed:
- Baby Pool
- Waterproof Mattress Cover OR Large Garbage Bags
-Towels
- SNOW
- Toys
 
I put the baby pool over a waterproof mattress pad but you could also use a few large garbage bags to keep the floor dry.  On the edge of the mattress pad I placed a towel for them to stand on when they got out of the pool.  Using a mixing bowl I put in about 7 large scoops of snow which lasted an hour!!
 
*I had my trusty Norwex mop (shameless plug) ready to pick up any wet spots
 


 We made a snowman...cue "Do you want to build a snowman"
 


Hope you have as much fun as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment